Saturday, December 1, 2007

Travels with Larry

I'm in Washington, D.C., today on family business, and when I got off the plane at Dulles airport I stopped in a men's room for a pee. It was a plain, sterile-looking bathroom with steel stall walls and doors, and a faint odor of disinfectant. Of course, the first thing I thought of was Idaho Senator Larry Craig getting busted for allegedly trying to solicit an undercover cop in the next stall at the airport in Minneapolis. You remember Craig, one of those 'holier than thou' types, promising to resign after being exposed as a closeted homosexual but changing his mind, denying he was gay and staying in the Senate? Well, thinking of the guy in an airport bathroom was pretty sick humor, or so I thought. Then I looked down at the toilet paper dispenser. There, scrawled in black ink on the shiny chrome surface, were the words "Larry Craig wuz here." You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: